Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Unblind your world

Being in this lil' company "creating websites", 3 of us trainees so-called web programmers, learnt something to be frank..and that's to fill out our office hours doing stuffs that are nothing engineering, nothing electronics, and nothing useless..all we do have purpose, but what purpose amazes my own self. To satisfy the boss? To fulfill client's desire? To please MMU that we are learning something? I believe the correct answer is that we really do learn, in a way that we might not have realized. We learn how to put up with the boss, how to accept his craps and ignorance at times when we so look up to him (I still do respect him for what he've taught me).

I was assigned to the Society of Blind Malaysia, somewhere in Brickfields, to meet a client that the boss himself have never met. I was given no prior briefing on what to gain from the meeting. All was told was a simple sentence,"Go get all information on how they want their website to be done". Well considering the boss was kind enough to accept this charity duty of designing their website for free, I thought of this as a great contribution I can provide to the society. I was amazed. The new colleague that went along with me, both of us stunned to be welcomed by a blind. We were not prepared at all to be dealing with a blind. The meeting went fine, as we got used to the astonishment. It opened our eyes on how smartly these ppl make use of what they have, to compensate and live with what they were facing. It made me kinda sympathy and appreciate what normal actually means..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home